Affordable Housing Consulting
Our Services Include:
- Feasibility Studies
- Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plans (AFHMP)
- Management Plans
- Fair Housing Complaint responses
- Opening/Closing waiting lists incompliance with AFHMPs
- REAC inspection and resident file audit preparation (for MOR and TCAC)
- Annual Recertification process
- Reserve for Replacement request training
- Board of Directors consulting services
MOR Inspection Preparation
Management and Occupancy Reviews, commonly referred to as “MORs”, are conducted as part of HUD’s (The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development) regulatory oversight. We can help prepare HUD properties for MOR Inspections.
- Maintenance-related documentation
- Resident Application and other Lease Documents, including House Rules and Tenant Selection Plans
- Waiting List management
- EIV (Enterprise Income Verification) Documentation
- VAWA (Violence Against Women Act) requirements, including establishing a Transfer Plan
- Other Occupancy Documents
REAC Inspection Preparation
REAC (Real Estate Assessment Center) inspections and results are designed to provide and promote the effective use of accurate, timely and reliable information assessing the condition of HUD’s portfolio; to provide information to help ensure safe, decent and affordable housing; and to restore the public trust by identifying fraud, abuse and waste of HUD resources.
Reports include a significant checklist of physical plant items to be inspected. We provide our own inspections and reports to help clients prepare for their REAC inspections.
Not for Profit Board Consultation
We will provide consultation to Not for Profit Boards that own low-income housing. Depending on each Board’s individual needs, this include a wide range of services.
Consultation and training items include:
- Preservation, including refinance options
- MOR Preparation
- REAC Preparation
- Budget Preparation and Analysis
- HAP Contract Renewal and Mark up to Market (Maximizing Contract Rents)
- Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan (AFHMP) Development